Saturday, August 19, 2006


I was just looking at the large watercolor painting I did of the 2 ducks I used to have. Big Ned, and Harriet. Very large and joyous Pekin ducks. They are gone now. Being a furniture maker, I created a "duck tractor" for them in the backyard where I lived at the time. Ducks have marvalous personalities, as any one who has raised them would know. they are like little children, rather messy, and lovable for it. Chickens are great, but don't have quite the fun loving personalities of ducks. Might be time to think about getting another pair. Pekins are meat ducks, but my hen, kept laying eggs. And laying, and laying....... They make a great breakfast.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

That's a well built duck pen! Interesting design. Any reason for the A-frame?

4:43 PM  
Blogger Premodern Bloke said...

Mark,

Very nice coop. Did you happen to make it from a set of plans?

Jeff S.

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home