Thursday, September 07, 2006

Finley River Valley Days

Went wandering down the lovely Finley River valley yesterday. I was so moved by its beauty, that I sat down and painted another image in my journal, There were cows grazing, and passionflowers in bloom on the fence. Bumblebees, and wood boring bees were floating from flower to flower gathering necter, and pollen. After the rains we {finally!} got, everything is wonderfully lush and green again. There were butterflies everywhere, and birds calling from the woods behind me. Sometimes I think, God gives us a dim, but gilded view of what heaven might be like. I could live with this version, I think.

2 Comments:

Blogger Premodern Bloke said...

Hello Mark,

I found you via Rick Saenz' blog.

I like your watercolors. Do you sell paintings?

Jeff S.

former Missourian, long time Kentuckian

11:35 AM  
Blogger Marci said...

Your paintings are beautiful. I love watercolors, but have never been good with them. Thanks for sharing.

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home